Re: Guidance for Course Registration and Online classes (updated on May 1)
Re: Guidance for Course Registration and Online classes
1. Guidance (Orientation) for Course Registration
Guidance will be conducted through information on the university’s website and WebClass.
The information will added by Thursday May 7th at the latest, so please refer to it to register for courses through your PC or smartphone. The registration period will be from Thursday May 7th through Friday May 15th.
2. Online classes
(1) Please attend classes via your PC, etc. from home, etc.
(2) If you do not have Wi-Fi at home, but have a smartphone instead, please consider using the service, offered by some telecommunications firms, that allows you to add up to 50GB of data free of charge as a support measure to help people under 25 years old during the spread of the coronavirus.
(3) If you cannot attend a class via PC, etc. from home, etc., please follow the instructions below.
① Use of a PC, etc. at university (the Language Center, the Information Processing Center or the Library)
○ As the number of PCs is limited, intended users are as follows:
・Students who do not have a PC or Internet environment at home, etc. due to financial reasons, etc. (Please attend classes using the above methods (1) or (2) as much as possible.)
・Students who meet the requirements mentioned in “the rules for going to university.”
○ If you would like to use a university-owned PC, please answer the questionnaire to be conducted on “ICHIPORU.”
○ Students wanting to borrow a pc should give prior notification as mentioned in “the
rules for going to university.”
○ Students are required to bring wired earphones or headphone microphones and come to
the library / language center building.
○ During the period the university is requested to be closed, the canteen, caf?, shop, and art store in the university will also be closed. The canteen space is available for lunch. Club rooms at the Students Hall cannot be used.
○ If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available PCs, the university may restrict the number of users of PCs.
② Attending classes with a rental PC or Wi-Fi router from home, etc.
If you do not have a PC or Internet environment at home due to financial reasons and live far from the university and want to use a rental PC or Wi-Fi router, please answer the questionnaire to be conducted in “ICHIPORU.”
Equipment procurement of rental PCs and Wi-Fi routers is expected by mid-May.
The number of devices is limited. If you return the device from home, etc., you will be responsible for the return shipping fee.
③ If you cannot attend online classes, please contact the office at the university on Thursday May 7th or Friday May 8th.
3. Sale of textbooks, etc.
We will inform you about order and sale of textbooks as soon as they are ready.
In principle, we will send textbooks to your home, etc.
Contact Educational affairs group