International students who are accepted for admission are required to obtain a student visa before coming to Japan. For visa application/issuance, it is first necessary to apply for a "Certificate of Eligibility for a Status of Residence" (COE).


Click here for the procedure from application for COE to entry to Japan.


[Certificate of Eligibility for a Status of Residence (COE)]

The "Certificate of Eligibility for a Status of Residence" (COE) is one of the documents required to acquire a visa. For COE issuance, you need to submit a COE application form to the Hiroshima Regional Immigration Bureau. The University can undertake the procedure on behalf of the students.

* It takes approximately one month for the certificate to be issued.



Foreign nationals need to obtain a Japanese visa before entering Japan, which will be affixed to a page in your passport. After obtaining the COE, you need to apply for a visa in person at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. For details about the necessary documentation, please contact the Japanese Embassy.